We are looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as a full-time Accounts Receivable Clerk. In this role, the Clerk will be responsible for recording payments made by customers to their accounts and maintains accurate accounts receivable records by performing the following essential functions:
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
Prepares daily cash deposits, completes cash control sheets, and posts payments to customer accounts.
Ensure Company’s term of sales remain in compliance with NYS Liquor Authority.
- Daily contact with many salesmen and drivers regarding payments, delinquent accounts, etc.
- Researches and processes customer claims of invoice payment and disputes on balances owed.
- Obtains and mails invoice copies for customers, as requested.
- Processes invoice adjustments as needed.
- Answers accounts receivable phone inquiries and follows up.
- Calls and/or mails correspondence to customers as necessary in order to update accounts.
- Responsible for follow up on major accounts.
- Prepares bi-monthly statements for mailing.
- Assists Credit Manager with calling accounts prior to defaulting, as needed.
- Relieves receptionist desk as needed.
- Assists with related special projects, as required.
- Associates degree or relevant experience.
- One to two years of administrative experience, preferably in an accounting or bookkeeping function.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles.
- Computer literacy including: e-mail, internet, database inquiry and updating, spreadsheet software.
- Ability to verbally communicate clearly and effectively.
- Ability to write customer correspondence.
- Experience in setting up and organizing file systems and using office equipment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Works in an indoor, climate controlled office setting.