We are now looking for qualified candidates to join our team as a District Sales Manager in the Lake Placid, NY area.
To achieve company’s sales objectives in assigned accounts through effective coaching and supervision of assigned Retail Sales Consultants’ and through personal selling to accounts assigned.
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Continuously identify sales opportunities and resolve problems in assigned accounts or routes.
- Maintain or grow sales volume of all brands to market share level appropriate for assigned sales routes.
- Hire, coach, train and supervise team of Retails Sales Consultants.
- Track, measure and evaluate teams’ performance.
- Grow Revenue, volume and points of distribution.
- Build retail relationships.
- Monitor competition in assigned accounts and communicate regularly with management on competitive activity, through weekly reports and rides with team sell, etc.
- Assist team in sales presentations to key accounts while working in the field.
- Must adhere to Team/Ride-With Selling Matrix and complete all reporting forms weekly. Assist in developing and implementing on-going field training for assigned personnel to improve selling and route management skills.
- Responsible for effective communication with subordinates and for motivating each individual to achieve the desired results in assigned accounts.
- Makes sales calls on accounts as directed, to sell Company programs and other specific sales objectives.
- Make contact with customer personnel in assigned accounts on a regularly scheduled basis to build relationships and to optimize selling efforts to accounts.
- Responsible for display execution of all major chain ad features.
- Adhere to Company policy and procedures, Brewery requirements and State and Federal laws and regulations.
- Maintain appearance standards and professional image according to Company policy.
- Properly use, maintain and safeguard Company, equipment, supplies and tools.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years’ related retail sales experience and/or training; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basis algebra and geometry.
- Computer Skills: Knowledge of database software; Internet software; inventory software; order processing systems; spreadsheet software and word processing software.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Ability to obtain and maintain a NYS Solicitor’s permit required. Valid driver’s license and access to reliable transportation throughout the work day is also required.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication skills and people skills. Management experience, highly organized, analytical skills and strategic thinking.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. Travels to various client accounts; such as, convenient stores, grocery stores, bars, and restaurants. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.