Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service – a fun, successful and growing company, has been a distributor of quality beverages in the Capital Region and surrounding areas; and has reliably serviced clients throughout the region for over 85 years.
This job requires that you be competitive, hardworking, and persistent. If you desire to grow with a highly regarded family owned company then this could be the place for you.
Summary: To optimize execution at the On-Premise account level and cost effectively distribute company products. Major objectives are to improve market share; distribution; account relationship; tap share; product back bar/tap position; attend promotional activation events; and optimize case sales per stop. As front line representative to On-Premise accounts, use personal relationships to develop a positive image of the Company.
Essential Functions (must be able to be performed with or without reasonable accommodation):
- Achieves sales objectives and performance standards identified in the sales plan.
- Completes Selling Objectives/reporting at account level
- Completes all required Tap Surveys
- Surveys for additional selling opportunities
- Insures POS visibility is greater than or on a par with competitive brands
- Attendance at promotional activation events which include late afternoon and evening hours
- Work with Craft Team to secure beer dinners and special events
- Responsible for the sales of all brands, packages and promotion offered by the Company
- Call on assigned accounts according to schedule approve by District Sales Manager
- Collect all accounts receivable within designated accounts per company policy
- Adheres to all sales standards (per sales manual) example: P.O.S., rotation etc.
- Communicates completion activity/pricing information to District Sales Manager
- Attends all sales functions (meetings, promotions etc.)
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing contacts
- Provides daily voicemail and e-mail communication, copying necessary parties including District Sales Manager
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with sales and deliveries
- Develops On-Premise account presentations
- Educations and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree along with three years of selling experience; industry experience preferred.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Computer Skills: Excellent PC/Laptop skills required. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software; order processing systems; spreadsheet software and Work Processing software. Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills.
- Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: ability to attain and maintain a NYS Solicitor’s permit is required. Valid driver’s license.
- Other Skills and Abilities: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift 50 lbs. and/or move up to 250 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance and color vision.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. Travels to various client accounts; such as, bars, and restaurants.