Saratoga Eagle Sales & Service, a fun, successful and growing beverage wholesaler and distributor in the capitol district, has added wine and liquor products to our peerless portfolio of domestic and imported beer products which includes iconic brands such as: Budweiser, Labatt Blue, and Stella Artois. We also distribute many Craft products including Founders, Great Lakes, Common Roots, Paradox, and Shmaltz, to name a few. Our beers are complimented by a diverse array of flavored-malt beverages, ciders, and non alcoholic beverages.
The Wine and Spirits Sales specialist will be challenged with optimizing sales execution of new wine and liquor products by developing account relationships and distribution.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Assists the Manager of Wine and Spirits with the development and implementation of wine and liquor sales projections for the monthly sales plan.
- Achieves sales objective and performance standards indentified in sales plan.
- Call on assigned accounts according to schedule approved by the Manager of Wine and Spirits.
- Adheres to all sales standards (per sales manual) example: P.O.S., rotation etc.
- Attends sales functions (meetings, promotions, etc).
- Ensures appropriate levels of inventory are maintained in the warehouse.
- Stay informed and knowledgeable of innovative, successful or growing brands and products not currently in our portfolio.
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with sales and deliveries.
- Assist in developing a sales strategy for liquor and wine brands.
- Develop On-Premise sales plans.
- Develop “sampling” programs.
- Recognized internally in the Company as one of the wine and spirit category expert.
The successful candidate will have at least one to two years of related sales experience; or a 4-year degree in a business related program; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Qualified candidates will have a proficient knowledge of common types of wines and liquors which will include origin, characteristics, serving recommendations and food paring of wine and liquor products. Computer literacy, a valid driver’s license with a good driving record, and the ability to qualify for and maintain a solicitors permit from the New York State liquor authority are essential to be qualified for this position.
Individuals interested in applying should apply through this posting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time